Thursday, January 29, 2009

The Beginning of the Personality Tests

So, as a note: I'm having a tiny bit of trouble with the whole screen-shot thing, and I am probably just going to blame my computer for the trials and tribulations it is putting me through. Ahhh- we go way back.

Anywho, the first test which I waded through was the Jung Typology Test. Apparently, my type is ISFP (Introverted Sensing Feeling Perceiving), with the greatest strength of preference being the feeling part (25%). Also, here is what else this test has said:

You are:
slightly expressed introvert
slightly expressed sensing personality
moderately expressed feeling personality
slightly expressed perceiving personality

Well, what can I say? To many I might appear to be a social butterfly (which I certainly am in some situations), but I suppose that my preferences to relax at home, my infrequent "partying" adventures, and my enjoyment of personal time have made this test biased in favor of a more introverted approach. My opinion? Although I know I have wide-ranging connections, and a huge expanse of acquaintances, I do still love my personal time... I cannot spend all of my time around other people. But is that so abnormal? I wonder if perhaps I am more introverted than extroverted. Maybe I am, and I just WISH to be more extroverted. Argh personality tests.

The thing about personality tests is that, when you get older, you sort of "figure out" their tricks. You know, like you can predict which answers will go with which type of personality. The nicer thing about this test was that it was not so blatantly obvious as to what type of personality it would award me. Still, one can work themselves into frustration simply by overthinking the various questions... and of course, one can easily get bored and pick an answer, or... one can be ashamed of the true answer to a specific question, and purposely pick the other answer.

I'm sure all of those have to do with some other personality attribute. Perhaps they should create a test to deal with those issues.

More to come on this test in its relation to technology after I complete the other personality tests. Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment